Thursday, April 9, 2009

You're Turning Me Off: End of the Night Edition

As young, mildly to extremely-attractive people we all have our preferences regarding potential mates and dates. Some guys like 'em tall, some ladies like 'em short. When something just ''does it for you," you really can't be blamed for what you like(1).
And the same applies to what you don't like....which leads me to my topic today: complete and utter turnoffs. We ALL have them. Now I'm no spokesperson for what women want; a few weeks ago I was into some other stuff, but what I can comment on is what most women, the right kind of women(2), definitely don't want:

1). TO BE GRABBED, POKED, PRODDED, VISUALLY RAPED, etc ANYWHERE
Why oh why do some men think it is acceptable to grab at a complete stranger? Unless a woman is about to fall, I cannot think of a single good reason. If you would like some attention simply come and talk to a woman. Or, better yet, simply look good. I guarantee not a woman in the room will overlook you. Especially when every other dude is looking like a casting reject from G's to Gents.

2). TO BE YELLED AT
Please don't yell at us. If we have made it more than about 15 feet ahead of you, just stop talking. This usually applies when one is walking out of a late night establishment. As a matter of fact, don't wait until the end of anything to come talk to a lady. You don't even really want her number. You just expected to have better luck inside, and when you didn't you realized you paid to get in and spent more than $50 at the bar and now you don't want to leave without at least a souvenir. We are, after all, in a recession.

3). TO BE REFERRED TO AS 'LIGHT SKIN', 'DARK SKIN', etc
Pretty much anything other than our God-given names. Of course most of you won't already know our names, but there are other options. If you totally ignored #2, or you just want to make a nice introduction, just say 'excuse me miss.'. This may seem corny, but all you're doing is approaching a lady as a lady. I can promise you she won't be walking to her car afterward thinking, "I can't believe he called me 'miss', how rude!" Further, some of us don't like to be defined by merely our shade of skin. That's just rude. What if we called after you "hey fatboy," or "hey dude-I-have-no-intention-of-calling-but-he-bought-me-a-drink-and-when-he-did-I-saw-he-had-a-lot-of-money-in-his-wallet-plus-his-friends-are-uglier-so-whatever!" Have I gone too far? Probably.

4). TO BE APPROACHED AT THE CAR
Please don't do this. Bottom line, if I am standing near the car I am even more ready to go than Wanda*. My feet hurt, my eye makeup is running down my cheeks, my edges are standing at attention...it's not a pretty sight. And if you're a lady sitting there reading this saying you look just as good at the end of the whole night as you did when you walked in, you suck, you're a liar and I'm jealous. Anyway, it's so much more than this, though. If I am in or near my car and you have followed me there, you just might get sprayed in the face with some mace. Neither of us really wants this to happen.

After, giving this post some thought, I said to myself, "Ciara, there are so many more turnoffs to be named. You have barely scratched the surface." So, with that said, I may be back with more. There are indeed, other scenarios that should be shared. But in the meantime, what are some of your own turnoffs, specifically following your going out experiences (i.e. after a club, party, etc)? We'll talk about the other ones later!

1. Unless you only like married men or something else just stupid.
2. The right kind of lady refers to one who doesn't frequent websites like this.

by Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment